Sunday, May 25, 2014

Snickerdoodles!

This week I made snickerdoodles at the request of someone in Will's office. I modified this recipe from Smitten Kitchen's. This was the first time I had made snickerdoodles on my own, but they were very easy and fast. Snickerdoodles certainly aren't my favorite cookie, but they are really good with a cup of tea!

First preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
 Our ingredients (I did half the original recipe, which made a dozen)
A little over 1 1/3 cups flour
A little under one cup sugar
1 stick of butter
1 egg
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon salt

 Sift and combine the dry ingredients

 Cream the butter and almost all of the sugar
Then add the egg. At this point I also added a tiny bit of vanilla, which the original recipe doesn't call for.

 Then add the dry ingredients 

 Done with the dough

 Then combine the leftover sugar and the cinnamon

 Roll the dough into balls. The original recipe said to chill the dough so it's not sticky, but I didn't have this problem. 

 Coat the dough in the cinnamon-sugar mixture


 Set them on parchment paper and bake for about 10 minutes. The recipe says to rotate them between the top and bottom thirds of the oven, but I did this with my first batch and they burnt. I didn't with the second and they were fine.

Delicious finished product! 

I haven't had snickerdoodles in awhile so I don't know what to compare these to to determine if they were "good" snickerdoodles... but they were gone in a few days and Will's coworker said she enjoyed them, so I guess they were alright! If I can't judge them by their taste, I can certainly say that they were super easy to make, and that makes them good haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment