Sunday, June 1, 2014

Clarisonic Unboxing and First Impressions!

So, even though I was perfectly satisfied with the Olay Pro-X cleanser and wasn't willing to pay for a real Clarisonic, my mom happened to give me one as a gift, which is not only awesome for me, but also means that I can do a comparison to see if it's really worth the money! I'll use it for a few weeks, and will update this with an in-depth comparison of the two.

 I have the Mia 2, in a limited edition coral color. They don't sell this particular one from Clarisonic, but the most similar one is $150. 
 Before even opening the box, they have all of this "scientific" information about why cleaning your face with the Clarisonic is so much better than just washing your face.
 Breakdown of the features.
 And the actual unboxing. 
 First: the actual product. It's slightly larger than the Olay Pro-X. I really like that it comes with a brush cover, because if it's just sitting in the bathroom the brushes could become gross or damaged. Also, I would describe the color as more of a hot-pink than a coral.
 Included is the sensitive brush head. There are other types that you can buy, such as normal, acne cleansing, deep pore, and delicate. 
 Also included is a travel case, which seems super handy, but my first impression of this is that it's garbage. It feels like really flimsy plastic that nearly broke when I tried to open it.
And then I tried to actually put the Clarisonic in it, and it wouldn't shut... so we'll see how the travel case goes. 
 Charger bit.
 Other charger bit.
 The handy dandy user guide, which explains that you need to charge it for at least 24 hours prior to use but does not tell you how to use the newfangled charging doohicky. 
I looked up a video and figured it out... it's a weird magnetic charger that doesn't stay connected very well so needs to be in a place that won't get jostled. 

Initially, I think that there are some improvements that could be made to the components, but since I haven't actually used the thing yet, we'll have to wait and see if it's actually better than it's $20 competitor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment