Friday, June 20, 2014

Chicken Parma and Lemon Pilaf

This week I decided to try a recipe for an actual meal! I usually prefer to bake, since the ingredients in baking are all generally the same, and most of the time you don't have to deal with gross ingredients (like raw chicken!). This is one of my absolute favorite meals. My mom made it for me growing up, and about a year and a half ago I asked her for a recipe... The recipe she gave me was all over the place, giving me instructions out of order, and she didn't give me any exact amounts for the ingredients... so when I made it this time I just added ingredients until I thought the amount was appropriate. 
 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
 Ingredients: 
Flour
Panko bread crumbs
White rice (I used instant cause I cheat)
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
Parmesan cheese
Chicken broth
Eggs
White wine
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Turmeric
White pepper
Lemon juice
First do the gross stuff: cut each breast in half and cut off the icky bits from the chicken, then rinse them and set them on paper towels to dry 
Next, combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper
 Combine eggs, paprika, salt and pepper
 And combine panko, paprika, salt and pepper
 Coat the chicken breast in the flour mixture

 Then dip into the egg mixture

 And then coat in the panko mixture

 Next put the coated chicken breast into a baking dish
 Repeat this process with the remaining chicken
 Next add chicken broth
 And white wine to the baking dish, until there's about 1/4 inch of liquid in the pan
 Next place slices of butter on top of the chicken, and top it off with the parmesan
 Cover with aluminum foil, place in the oven, and bake for ~50 minutes. Then I took off the aluminum foil and turned up the heat to about 475 and baked for an extra 10 minutes to toast the top
 For the rice, follow the normal rice instructions, but instead of using water use chicken broth, and add lemon juice, butter, and turmeric. In this case I added about a tablespoon of turmeric, which was a bit too much.

The finished product. 

This turned out pretty good, except I added a bit too much chicken broth to the pan, so the chicken was extra moist, which isn't exactly a problem... and the addition of too much turmeric, which made the rice a little intense, but still good. This is also awesome as leftovers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment