Monday, April 14, 2014

My Sister is Going to My College!

Sorry there's no baking post this week. I was/am busy studying for midterms, and my sister came to visit me on Sunday! She was in town because she had a preview day for admitted students at Mills! I'm so excited that she's going to be going to school with me! It's great because we're three years apart, so when I'm a senior she'll be a freshman. I can't wait to share the college experience with her, not just of college in general but going to the same school. I think she'll have a lot of experiences that I didn't have, and it should be super awesome.

Another awesome thing is that she got an invitation to apply for the Hellman summer program at Mills! I don't know if that means she is actually going to attend, since we didn't have to apply when I did it, but I think it would be so cool if she was able to participate in the same program that I did!

While she was visiting we went out to eat at Homeroom, a local restaurant that serves macaroni and cheese. This place is super hipstery, which is mainly why when I really want mac and cheese I get it to go (sorry Hipsters), but they are really good about dietary restrictions (Hipster dietary restrictions). My sister is gluten-free at the moment, and this was an awesome choice because they can make most of their dishes gluten free. I think there were only two exceptions on the menu. I had the gluten-filled Smokey Bacon Mac, which is a white sauce with pieces of bacon and a really smokey flavor, and she had a Gilroy Garlic Mac with added hot dogs. That's another awesome thing about Homeroom, you can add so many things to your macaroni! They have potato chips, bread crumbs, broccoli, hot dogs, peas, tuna, bacon, and tons of other add-ins. While I may not like the atmosphere (the current craze of the 'community table' is completely terrible), the food really is delicious, and the portions are huge!

Today was the preview day, and instead of doing the actual preview-y things, she came to my classes with me (Biology and Psychology). I think she really enjoyed sitting in, and she got a really good idea of what going to class in the Fall is going to be like! I can't wait for her to go to school with me!

I have some new recipes to try, and hopefully I'll be able to do some baking this weekend (but midterms, gah!). Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment