Monday, March 24, 2014

Everything Figured Out...

After some very careful consideration, and some super helpful advice from a lot of different people, I think I've finally decided what I think I'll end up doing with my future! I know, exciting. I've decided that medical school isn't for me. I think the idea of being a doctor had just been ingrained in my mind for so long that I couldn't see myself doing anything else. My family also wanted it for me, and I think that was influencing my decisions.

The best advice came from my advisor at school. She asked me to consider why I wanted to be a doctor. She said if I only wanted to deliver babies, I don't necessarily have to be a doctor. She recommended that I consider being a PA, especially if being in charge isn't that important to me. So after some research and discussion with my family, I think that's what I'm gonna do. The program is only about three years, and then I'll be able to specialize in OB.

This was such a relief. I've always wanted to have a family, and I always saw myself as starting when I was fairly young (not super young, but I don't want to wait until I'm in my mid-thirties). I also think that this position will give me more free time, which is also important to me. Now the only challenge is getting in!

No comments:

Post a Comment